Sunday, December 16, 2007

I am... Me



This is the first picture of me that I've taken while holding the camera myself that I've ever liked!

And to expand this post - this post about me, I'll share a bit more about myself. (I don't guarantee that I'm not repeating myself from somewhere else on my blog!)

I value connection (even though I don't always know how to achieve it - moving all my life as I have), joy, love, peace (wow, this is really original, huh?), belonging, fun, spontaneity, the environment, resourcefulness, respect, health, growth, thrift, balance, honesty, strength, wonder, and change.

I believe that children should have the same rights as adults. At this point in my life, I do not believe in god, but I do believe in the strength of the human spirit. I believe that love energy sustains us. I believe that everyone is good, but not everyone believes that they, themselves are. I believe a lot of strange things happen to people as they are parented and many, many traditional parenting practices work to break down the good in people - the belief of self that people are born with.

I am working hard to become the person I want to be - the person I was born to be.

1 comment:

Laura/CenterDownHome said...

Hi Joni -- I was blog surfing the unschooler blogs and came across yours. I've enjoyed reading through some posts. This made me think:(you wrote)"I do not believe in god, but I do believe in the strength of the human spirit. I believe that love energy sustains us. I believe that everyone is good, but not everyone believes that they, themselves are."
See, I do believe in God, just the same way that you do: God is the love-energy that sustains us and there is that of God in everyone.

I think that many of us have a hard time getting past the image of GOD, the white-bearded authority figure formed in our childhood. When I say "God" these days, I mean Love. Light. That which connects us. Not that other guy. :)