Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Transforming Anger

Wow! Scott Noelle was inside my head yesterday when he sent out today's Daily Groove. (Yeah, I know it's automatic, but STILL - the universe MUST be aligned!) The passage that specifically hit home for me is this:

Anger arises naturally whenever you perceive a loss of
personal freedom or power. It's there to energize you
on your way back to your natural state of empowerment.

Boy, am I perceiving a loss of personal freedom and power in this situation! I have someone who probably thinks I'm mad at her over an incredibly bizarre, contradictory set of emails, when in fact, I'm just really disappointed and saddened. And, okay, yes a little bit angry because of that loss of freedom and power thing. Part of me wants to use that energy to point out the breaks in logic of the situation (to prove that I'm right! LOL), but instead I've been using the energy that she has been sending my way to really make some positive stuff happen here in town.

Our inclusive homeschooling group has been dying a slow death for the last year, with many, but not all, of the unschoolers moving to a (mostly inactive) unschooling list. I don't know if it is possible, but with this energy I've been given, I'm hoping to revive the inclusive group so that all the unschoolers in town can gather if they wish, not just the illusion of all but the reality of all.

It feels good. It feels really good. And if you read Scott Noelle much, you know that feeling good means you are aligning with your heart's desire and all that jazz.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I don't really know the situation, but I know you are doing the right thing.

Anonymous said...

You are indeed doing the right thing. And the community is responding. Yay!

Joni Zander said...

Thanks guys. We are already seeing the positive fall out from all this, it is really inspiring to see so many homeschoolers gathering together again, finally.