Thursday, November 24, 2011

Endurance

Today was a long, wonderful day full of people, service, fun, food, connecting...

I got to the church at 10:30 to help with set up for our Fest Event, after waiting for what seemed like forever for it to get that late! I was at the church until about noon, came home and make another dish for the potluck, then headed back to the church at 3:00 to start cooking gravy and potatoes. In the kitchen until 5:30, then enjoying wonderful food (love that we have both vegan and gluten-free sections at our potlucks), conversation, games, and a tad bit of clean up before heading home at 9:30.

It was a marathon of a day, but oh so satisfying!

So in light of what this day brought, I am grateful for my endurance. I was pretty much full of energy up to the end. I even volunteered to bring the big stack of dirty tablecloths home to wash - one and a half loads today, the rest tomorrow!

No comments: