Saturday, January 01, 2011

Pushing, Controlling, Guiding, Trusting

I’m the sort to try to force things – to just KNOW what is best and work really hard to make everything come out that way so much of the time, by pushing and controlling. I tend to get all tied up in what is happening and how it should be handled and I get stressed when it isn’t going the way I think it should go.

Well, this morning I was watching one of those sappy Christmas movies called “The Good Witch’s Gift” and had an epiphany. As I was watching this good witch weave her magic, I realized that it is so much more powerful to guide and trust. The way this charming character would practice her magic is, she would listen to her intuition (I’ve gotten very good at that!) then give people tiny little suggestions, usually in the form of a compliment. Then she would let them take it from there – trusting even the people no one else trusts. This, along with a strong, unwavering belief that everything will work out for the best. There was such a powerful peacefulness and pure joy in seeing people follow through on their best intentions that were so gently nudged.

No comments: