Saturday, January 01, 2011

Develop

Now is when so many around the world are making their New Year's Resolutions. A few years ago I read about a better way. This is the blog post that inspired me to choose a word for the year, and I have done just that each year and it is amazing how much more powerful this is.

This year my word is "Develop". I never know at the beginning of the year just how much of an impact my word will have, but I always have an idea of where I want to start with it. This year, I want to develop deeper friendships and perhaps completely new friendships, realizing that I'm not feeling like I fit in with most of the people I've known here in Corvallis. I also want desperately to develop my website for my new healing business as well as develop the business itself and develop my skills as a healer.

I also am already taking steps to develop myself as a writer, and am looking forward to sharing some of that here as I go.

Do you have a word for the year? I'd love for you to share your word and maybe a bit about what it means to you in the comments.

No comments: