Monday, March 17, 2008

Bad day for driving

So, we've had the Prius for four years now, and hardly a scratch has it seen. This is, without a doubt, my favorite car I've ever had. Her name is Mary Poppins (because she is practically perfect in every way). She's even better than Jack ('o Lantern), my '74 orange (Phoenix red, to be exact) VW Bug (but don't tell Jack that!).

Thursday afternoon Bekka and I are in the car, stopped on Harrison waiting to turn into our driveway when all of a sudden we hear tires screeching and then, BANG! A car comes crashing into the back of our (formerly perfect) car.

In all my years of driving (jeez, 28 years already), I've only been in two accidents. One was when a 16 year old driver pulled out in front of me from a stop sign when I was about 30 feet from the intersection in a 35 mph zone and this one, a 17ish year old driver crashing into me while I'm waiting to turn into my driveway (breaklights engaged, turn signal on). Ugh! Not that I'm against young, new drivers, I just wish they wouldn't run into me and mess up my cars.

But Bekka and I are fine, and I figure it was a great driving lesson for Bekka (who hasn't gotten her permit yet, even though she could have months ago - waiting patiently for her to decide she's ready).

Oh, and guess how much this will be to fix! ~$2000! Thank goodness she has good insurance.







I can't even imagine how much her's would be - I'm guessing it's totaled. I'm glad I don't have to pay her insurance after this - her poor, and getting poorer, parents!

No comments: