Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Happy Conference After-Glow

Ah, the incredible experience of being surrounded by unschoolers. Joyful, authentic unschoolers!

It is late Wednesday night after the LIFE is Good NW Unschooling Conference, and I have a living room full of conference stragglers. I’m so happy they are here.

How did I end up with a living room full of stragglers you ask? (Well, even if you didn’t – I’m gonna tell you!) My husband’s sister and her family came up from Northern California for the conference, but her husband had to work on Monday, which meant that they had to leave on Sunday. Well, we weren’t even CLOSE to being done having fun, so Steffi and her cousin Andria figured out a way to extend the conference. They found some other families leaving later and arranged for all three of the cousins to hitch a ride! So tonight I have the three cousins, and the kids they are riding with (fabulous new friends from the Bay Area).

I’m very happily tired and I’m so glad that everyone didn’t leave all at once – that would have been such a let-down. But they didn’t leave all at once and I am very joyful!

No comments: