Thursday, November 09, 2006

Live & Learn Conference

After years of traveling on our unschooling journey, we finally went to "the" conference. My friends had encouraged me to go for several years, and we would have last year, except that we were moving into our new home and our new community (and we are SO glad that we did!).

So at the beginning of September we piled in the car and drove down to Albuquerque, NM for the big conference.

This was one of the best events I've EVER attended! It was full of happy families engaging together. I loved that people of all ages were welcome to partake in any offering that struck their fancy. There was no age segragation at all! It wasn't ever "children" and "adults", and not once did I hear the term "student". We were all just people there to explore and expand our world.

The conference impacted my life in so many ways - the way I am with my kids, the way I am with other people, the way I view unschooling, and it increased the joy in my life immensely!

I've never been around this many authentic people in all my life! It was incredible!

1 comment:

Ren Allen said...

And it was SOOooo awesome to finally meet you there!! I want to have another lunch at the end of an alley in old town, with the handsome waiter that also owns the place and created all the recipes. Life IS good.:)