Thursday, November 09, 2006

I choose happiness!

A few weeks ago, I spent the weekend with some women who were truly unhappy with their lives. They spent the weekend complaining about their jobs, their spouses, and their children. It had been a long time since I was in the prolonged presence of people who were unhappy. I have insulated myself, pretty successfully, from being around deeply unhappy people. The unhappiness of these women seemed to stem from their perceived inability to change their circumstances and from their actual inability, at least at this time in their lives, to see everything in a different light.

Sometimes seeing what you don’t want can clarify what you do want!




1 comment:

Monique said...

Oh man! I s this ever true! Thanks for putting into words what I recently experienced as well. I have been having a hard time nailing this feeling down but you have done it perfectly.

Huzzah! I am in *control* of my own outcomes and my own choices! I chose happiness. :-)