Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Writing Your Bio

I'm just starting a women's writing group and want to share our writing exercises here each week so that anyone can play along at home.

Today was our first meeting and we watched Brene' Brown's inspiring TED talk on vulnerability and agreed to each write a 100 word autobiography to share with each other.

Here is mine:
I am a humanist who values joy, connection, growth, respect, comfort, honesty, and authenticity. Service is my primary love language. I am a quiet extrovert who thrives when around other people, but is often shy and usually chooses to come off aloof rather than pry. I usually think too much and over-plan things. I am a procrastinating perfectionist in many of my pursuits. My roles include mom, healer, friend, and volunteer. I am usually concerned about doing the right thing and am trying hard to be more compassionate in my life, but often find my judgments getting in my way.


If anyone would like to share theirs in the comments, I'd love to read them.

3 comments:

HeatherRea1111 said...

Lovely! I could have written almost the same thing about myself <3

Nikki Starcat Shields said...

Great idea! I wrote mine as a blog post, which you can find here:

http://starcatsstudy.blogspot.com/2011/02/bio-for-fun.html

Thanks!
Starcat

Nikki Starcat Shields said...

I thought I'd added mine as a comment, but apparently it didn't work. I'll try again. :)

Thanks for posting these writing exercises. Here's my bio, as posted on my blog:

http://starcatsstudy.blogspot.com/2011/02/bio-for-fun.html