Friday, August 07, 2009

I'm Intrigued

Just before the midnight showing of the latest Harry Potter movie, a preview came on for a movie I just knew I would have to see, "Julie & Julia". It just looked like good entertainment to me.

This morning in my inbox was "Julie, Julia and 4 Funny Books We Love" from the Oprah Bookclub, which I don't normally read, but I just HAD to click to find out more. Inside was an interview with Julie Powell, the Julie of "Julie & Julia". Come to find out, it is a fascinating (at least for a blogger) true story, based on Julie's blog.

When I started reading the interview I had the idea of a mom's night out to go see the movie, then a one-book book group to read the book, in that order 'cause I've never done that before. I immediately thought of my friend, Liddy, because she is a writer and I thought she would think it great fun.

With that percolating all day, and talking with Liddy, who did indeed think it would be great fun, I just had to see if the blog is still up. What do you know? I found it with ease and just started reading it. Do you want to read it with me? Let's start with the first page.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

I'm in serious need of cooking inspiration so maybe this will help. I'm in!

Joni Zander said...

Kathy, so far she makes me feel quite inadequate in the cooking department. And the stuff she made in the first two months sound horrible - lots of chicken livers and more butter than even I am capable of ingesting!

But I'm thoroughly enjoying it none the less.