Saturday, January 24, 2009

Right Here Right Now

This is really funny in that ironic way. On our drive up to Portland a song came on that I've heard probably a hundred times (it's on one of the four CDs that we've had in the car for the last year), but I've never really listened to it before. I'm a lyrics person usually, and these lyrics, "Right here, right now there is no other place I want to be. Right here, right now watching the world wake up from history" caught my consciousness and made me think of the inauguration and all the positive changes that are happening right now.

So I decided that I wanted to share the song ("Right Here, Right Now" by Jesus Jones) with you and thought YouTube would be the most reliable way to do that and what I found was the song set to Obama's campaign. Unfortunately, the video has been removed due to copyright infringement. So, click on this link to listen to or read the lyrics to this song.

2 comments:

ps pirro said...

A perfect song for the times. Thanks, Joni!

JenPB said...

Oh! That's a GREAT song! I love it! It's on my playlist on my blog. YEP! Great song. You can also listen to it online here:
http://www.playlist.com/searchbeta/tracks#right%20here%20right%20now